Friday, June 21, 2013

CSA week 2: Egg noodles with cabbage and onion

Egg noodles with sauteed spring onions and cabbage. This is essentially my childhood staple "noodles with butter and peas" upgraded. I started by slicing and frying the white part of the onion with a few tablespoons of butter, salt, a tiny bit of sugar, caraway seeds, dill, and a LOT of fresh ground black pepper. After a few minutes I tossed in a bunch of sliced cabbage and cooked it all down until it was starting to brown. Meanwhile, I boiled the egg noodles. When they were al dente I tossed them in with the veggies and stir-fried it all together until everything was very caramelized and delicious. You can add more butter if it gets sticky, and be sure to add more pepper until it's at a sinus-clearing level of pepperiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment