Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer CSA: WEEK 1

Ahoy! I'm reinstating the food blog in order to document my first summer of CSA-membership. Every Wednesday I'll post the veggie haul, and then throughout the week I'll post the meals I make out of it.

The Ditmas Park CSA sources from Amantai Farm in eastern Pennsylvania, and the extra veggies get donated to the soup kitchen in the basement of the church where we distribute. I'm signed up for a half share of veggies and a half dozen eggs next week, which I share with my roommate, Chris. Next week we're probably going to sign up for some delicious yogurt from Milk Not Jails as well.



Week 1 Haul (from left to right): 
lettuce, kale, parsley, spring onions, radishes, snow peas, mint, zucchini, cilantro, eggs, and oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment