Saturday, September 7, 2013

CSA Week 13: Spanish tortilla with salsa and kale

Spanish potato tortilla with homemade salsa and kale. The salsa is the same easy, roasted variety I've been making all summer - just tossing chopped tomatoes, hot/bell peppers, onions, and whole garlic cloves in oil, salt, pepper, and sugar, roasting them, and then pureeing everything with some lime juice. The tortilla is way more unhealthy than I thought it was - it involves deep-frying slices of potato and onion on medium-low heat until soft, mixing them with enough beaten egg to bind it all together, and then refrying the cake on both sides til slightly browned. Though in retrospect I don't see why you couldn't steam the potato slices. The recipe I used cryptically warned "DO NOT REFRIGERATE," but I defied it and had delicious re-heated tortilla for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment